The Four Ways of Aikido
- Ki no fudo ho(The four basic principles)
- Ki no ishi ho(Ki meditation)
- Ki no kokyu ho(Ki breathing)
- Ki no taiso ho(Ki exercises)
The four basic principles:
- Keep One Point
- Relax Completely
- Keep Weight Underside
- Extend Ki
Five principles for Ki meditation:
- You maintain a posture of mastery.
- You have a sense of freedom.
- You create an atmosphere of harmony.
- You are vividly aware of the spirit of life in all things.
- Therefore you can feel the movement of Ki in the universe.
Five principles for Ki breathing:
- Exhale gradually, with purpose and control.
- Exhale with a distinct, but barely audible sound.
- At the end of the breath, Ki continues infinitely like a fading note.
- Inhale from the tip of the nose until the body is saturated with breath.
- After inhaling, calm the mind infinitely at the one point.
Five principles for Ki exercise:
- Movements centre on and begin from the one point.
- Ki is fully extended in each movement.
- Move freely and easily.
- Do not feel any tension in the muscles.
- Show and feel a clear sense of rhythm in your movement.